This salad recipe has been staring me in the face for the last two days. It is from a recipe leaflet recently picked up from my local Tesco supermarket. The salmon was cooked from the top of my head, it is very basic but tasty! I reduced the ingredients as I was only cooking for two.
Here are the details:
Prep + Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients & prep
300g bulgur wheat
1 large red chilli pepper, seeded removed and slices
100g spinach leaves
4 spring onions, trimmed
31g fresh coriander
3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
2 red peppers, seeded removed and slices
2 peaches, peeled and sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
A handful of radish, sliced
100g feta cheese crumbled
- Wash salmon with water and lemon juice
- Coat salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place in the refrigerator or set aside.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees and place the salmon in foil and on a baking tray. Cook for 15 mins and turn the salmon halfway through.
1. Rinse the bulgur wheat with cold water and drain using a sieve. Place in a pot and cover with hot boiling water and place on a high heat. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes until it is tender. Drain the sieve, rinse with cold water and repeat.
2. Put the chilli, spinach, spring onions and coriander into a blender with half the olive oil and lime juice. Blitz it into a paste and stir into the cooked bulgur wheat.
3. Fry the peppers and peach slices in olive oil until brown and mix in with the bulgur wheat.
4. Add the avocado and radish along with some lime juice and the crumbled feta.
5. Drizzle on olive oil and garnish with coriander leaves (optional)
My my my… this was quite possibly the BEST salad I have ever tasted! Bulgur wheat is my new replacement for rice. It tastes just like the white rice I adore. All the ingredients complimented each other well from the tangy lime, sharp spring onions and the sweet peaches. Radish added a little crunch to the dish, I just threw them in since they were sitting lonely in my fridge. The salmon was yummy too… 10/10!