I haven’t updated you all in a while. I’m still going strong with my healthy eating and exercising. The food part is easy, I have no qualms eating lots of fruit and vegetables everyday. I make sure I stay hydrated throughout the day, I now add slices of lemon and it feels odd drinking water alone. I reintroduced white rice to my diet in small doses. I don’t feel as though I have missed out on anything, besides bulgar wheat has taken its place! Bread is still a no no; my colleagues were used to me sitting eating sandwiches for lunch, now I have a container of salad in front of me.
I wake up at the crack of dawn to exercise 4 times a week. It works best for me! Halfway through the workout I realise I’m awake and before I know it the workout is over.
I have less than two months before I go on holiday and I’m still far from excited. Why? I feel like I’m no where near my goal. I said I didn’t have a goal- I don’t, just an idea of what I want to look like and feel like. I had the shock of my life looking through old photo’s of my stomach and I noticed a slight difference! My brother says there is a big difference 😀 I can’t expect things to change overnight, so I shall keep going. Even looking at a picture of a beach is more than enough motivation for me.
I was aiming to make more smoothies, however it turns out my ‘Magic bullet’ wasn’t magic after all! So I purchased a Kenwood Smoothie Maker for £19.99 from Argos. I had a voucher and it was either a handbag or a smoothie maker. I have used it once and I give it 5 stars, its compact, it isn’t too loud and does the job well.
So far I have learned...
1. To stay away from the scales. I was never one to jump on off of scales, but I did give it a go. Within a space of 2 minutes my weight changed 3 times (my scales are dodgy). I will use the one at the doctors one day. I measure myself using a tape measure and keep note of the measurements.
2. To refrain from junk food when I’m stressed, it will not solve my problems! It will add to it if anything.
3. Perseverance is key in all aspects in my life!!! If I can get through a half an hour workout surely I can get through whatever else comes my way.
4. Jilian Micheal’s is the bomb! I feel like I have my own personal trainer in my living room. She often reels off motivational quotes during her workouts and it helps me push myself.
5. I have had my fair share of cakes, biscuits, crisps chocolate and so on. This doesn’t mean I will never eat these foods again. It will be in small doses and on rare occasions.
6. Health is wealth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took my good health for granted. Recently I was taken a back by some news and it has sunk in now. The bottom line is: looking after myself is so important! What doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger!