This is a recipe I found on Pinterest. It is a dish my family love and it is perfect for a balanced diet. It can be eaten as a snack or part of a main meal- its your choice!
1 Whole medium sized aubergine
200g of Feta cheese
6 Salad tomatoes (Any tomatoes will do)
Olive oil (Optional)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Wash the aubergine and tomatoes
- Chop both the aubergine and tomatoes into rounds
- Slice the feta into medium slices
- Place the aubergine rounds on a baking tray
- Brush with olive oil
- Layer each aubergine round with a slice of tomato and a slice of feta cheese
- Sprinkle with oregano
*As you can see I used salad tomatoes, however they run out and I had to use baby tomatoes also.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and serve
I served my rounds with a prawn stir fry without any sauce or noodles and spinach for the Popeye in me!
*There are only 3 rounds on my plate, but I can guarantee I will sneak myself another!
For an alternative recipe check out Chelle’s Zucchini Pizza Boats here